[Kde-games-devel] kwin4 rename?

Martin Heni kde at heni-online.de
Wed Nov 7 17:08:08 CET 2007

> So, Martin, what do you think? We could change it to something like:
> "Connect4"/"Konnect4" (by Maoricio), or simply add "s" - "Kwins4"; IF we
> are to change at all.

I think we have discussed this before ~ half a year ago. My statement is still
the same: I dont mind the renaming at all if two conditions are met:

1. I dont have to do it ;-)))
Anybody can feel free to change the stuff. But please properly, that is code,
manual, translations, RC files, ...  (and what about e.g. renaming the
classes  or would you only change the names visible to the user?)

2. Be aware of trademark violations. All these Connect 4 (tm) things are
trademarked. So we need a harmless name or someone who researches the actual
trademark situation. ("Konnect 4" is propably not going to help much in
avoiding these violations)

PS: Pino, please feel free to foward to the original author of the question
(Allen Winter?) if he does not read kde-games