[Kde-games-devel] Revived KJumpingCube

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Tue May 29 05:57:03 CEST 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007 12:24 pm, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Ian Wadham wrote:
> > Can KJumpingCube go direct back to trunk/KDE/kdegames, bypassing
> > kdereview?  I will take maintenance responsibility and I do not think
> > there will be much artwork to do.  Please could you and Johann let me
> > have your views ASAP?
>
> Well, Johann is the release coordinator, so let us hear from him. But
> imo if you are going to maintain it in the long run (for the 4.0
> lifetime at least) then I do not have strong objections, just the one I
> mentioned earlier: the May 8th deadline that has already passed.

Thank you very much for your support, Mauricio.  I was genuinely
unaware of the significance of the May 8 deadline, otherwise I would
certainly not have been busting a gut the last few days to rescue
KJumpingCube before 1 June.

And I am quite happy to maintain KJCube, as well as KGoldrunner,
for as long as I am able (I have been maintaining KGr for several
years already ... :-)).

> I am relatively new to KDE, so not really familiar on how flexible
> are the milestones defined by the release team.

We are in whole new territory with the release management
of KDE 4.  It is being done quite differently to previous KDEs.  So
I am just as unsure as you about this.  I just know that KJCube
is KDE 4 compliant, has SVG, is reasonably well tested (by me)
and has no new features planned for KDE 4.0, unless someone
wants to compose a new theme ... ;-)

Cheers, Ian W.