[Kde-games-devel] Klickety in KDE4

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 18 03:40:27 CEST 2007

(Hi, all... I know I don't often throw my two-cents in here, usually
it's in the direction of kwrite or kdevelop, but here goes... :-))

Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Ian Wadham wrote:
>> I agree with Johann for the more general case.  We do not want to
>> bury the selection of KSame style, Klickety style or any other style in
>> a "Configure KSame" dialog.  Maybe KSame source could just generate
>> two executables, called klickety and ksame (?).
>
> I believe having a single executable is better in the long term, as the
> differences in gameplay are small.

Definitely. :-)

> How about this idea: add the number
> of colors and board dimensions as part of the theme .desktop file.

Eh... I think I would rather see game types, otherwise would this mean
that I can't choose between several board layouts within one theme?

> As the cherry in the cake for packagers that want to upgrade existing
> KDE3 desktop menus, the executable could support a command line option
> that lets it get started by default in KSame or Klickety mode.

Command-line options for default game (i.e. board size) are probably
good. For the theme this seems like it would annoy users who want to
change it, I would rather do this with a default configuration file. Is
that workable?

--
Mathew
(sorry, .sig file is on the other computer)