[Kde-games-devel] bug ? in libkdegames

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Wed May 16 17:32:12 CEST 2007

Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dimarts 15 Maig 2007, Paolo Capriotti va escriure:
>> On 5/15/07, Anarky <anarky at ifrance.com> wrote:
>>>  - since KGameCanvasGroup doesn't reimplement this method, the default
>>> KGameCanvasItem's version is called
>> KGameCanvasGroup does override paintInternal, that's why paint should
>> never be called. Did kbattleship actually execute that assertion?
>
> Not really
>
> paintInternal(QPainter* p, const QRect& prect, const QRegion& preg,
> QPoint delta, double cumulative_opacity);
>
> should be
>
> paintInternal(QPainter* p, const QRect& prect, const QRegion& preg,
> const QPoint &delta, double cumulative_opacity);
>
> to match KGameCanvasItem declaration, but changing that makes the
> KGameCanvasGroup function not compile as it calls += over delta.
>
> Can you fix that?

I am at the end of my spanish vacations (Madrid!), but today I updated
and built kdegames. Kgoldrunner is also throwing this assertion on
kgamecanvas and crashing, where it was working correctly before (4 or 5
days ago.) Looking at websvn.kde.org I think the problem could have been
triggered by the EBN fixes committed 3 days ago, so please have a look
at them as well before changing KGameCanvas, to make sure everything is ok.

KMahjongg (which also uses KGameCanvas) seems OK. Just as a quick test,
remember to run KMahjongg, KBattleShip and KGoldrunner after any change,
as these are the games that currently use it.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini