[Kde-games-devel] Klickety in KDE4

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed May 16 02:43:59 CEST 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007 08:53 pm, Fabiano Sant'Ana wrote:
> Hi Jan,
> I'm a klickety enthusiast myself, so if you want to join forces and try
> to salve ksirtet and libksirtet first I gonna be very happy ;)
>
> Jan Vongrej wrote:
> >     what does it mean that the game doesn't reach needed quality If i
> > can ask? I am just curious, because i want to know what to
> > improve  .Maybe i will be able (i want ) to try to work on that.

I just hacked line 228 of ksame/mainwindow.cpp to use parameters
10, 16 and 5, then added a mickey-mouse graphic called stone5 to the
.svgz file and ... Presto !!!  Instant Klickety experience !  And with an
Undo too !!!  :-)

It certainly looks as though the quickest way to rescue Klickety would
be to add it as a theme to KSame, which has already been ported to
KDE 4.0 and SVGized.  KMahjongg and KGoldrunner show ways to
introduce SVG themes and remember the user's preferences between
games, using the KConfigGroup class.  And you can get further ideas
and explanation from the rest of this thread.  So, Fabiano and Jan,
why not have a go at merging Klickety into KSame?

All the best, Ian W.