[Kde-games-devel] Which games are moving... or not

Ollivier Lapeyre Johann johann.ollivierlapeyre at gmail.com
Tue May 8 16:01:46 CEST 2007

> Mr. Release Man, re these and other threatened games (ktuberling, ksirtet,
> kbackgammon), if they work under KDE 3 and have some merit as games
> (i.e. fun or mental challenge), can they be put in a separate package and
> delivered to the distros as "supplemental" (really KDE 3) games?

If these games will be not saved (with the new dev, maybe they will), I think
they will be at least playable with KDE4 (the way they did on KDE3, ugly...),
so we will maybe do a separate package.

> If someone (an end user) installs KDE 4 and KDE 4 Games, they should
> not just see some games disappear from their installation, IMO.

I prefer to think we must adjust the incoming and outcoming games according
our quality goal and our ressources. And strangely, moving out some games is
increasing our team (new dev) and motivation, which will allow us to manage
finaly more games.... ;D

> Also, it
> seems quite probable to me that some of us here will rescue most of
> the threatened games into KDE 4.x later on, when we have time.

I hope :D