[Kde-games-devel] Little KGame problem

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Mon May 7 00:19:49 CEST 2007

Hi Andreas,

Really, thanks a lot for your work of this evening ! You got it !
Sorry to not reply earlier but I was participating in the examination of the
french president election in my town... Well, days of Free Software here are
not shining. The newly elected president is the only one that said [1] he
will not push forward Open Source but let the market decide...

But, back to KsirK, you say

> [19:42] <bmann> ok, i found it
> [19:42] <bmann> kleag: switch off these message boxes :-)
> [19:42] <bmann> i suspect they're "eating" the timeout event and thus the
> message is never processed

hum, it's a problem for me. I want to remind each user what is his/her goal...
How can I do if I cannot display a little dialog :-)
I consider that as a bug, don't you ? And then, is the bug in my code, in
kgame or somewhere in Qt ?

Next,
> [19:33] <bmann> kleag: your AIPlayer class runs in a different thread.
> [19:33] <bmann> are you sure that is a good idea?
> [19:33] <bmann> from browsing the Qt code I am pretty sure that timers may
> have problems with that
> [19:34] <bmann> --> if you send an input from the AI thread (and thus start
> a t imer), this may confuse KMessageServer
> [19:34] <bmann> i am not sure if that actually is the problem, but that's
> what i would be investigating next
Yes, maybe the thread could be replaced by a QTimer. I choosed this solution
before knowing well the timers.  But I'm quite sure this is not related to
our current bug as if you play without any AI, then the bug is still there...
Otherwise, it was working very well up to now.

Thanks a lot again !

Best regards,

Kleag

Le samedi 05 mai 2007, Kleag a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I need an advice by a libkdegames/kgame expert. Andreas, maybe ?
>
> In the current version of KsirK, after starting a new game, player action
> are transmitted as necessary, see the first log below. But, when a game is
> loaded, the actions are not processed by KMessageClient. I suppose I made
> an initialization error, but I cannot find which.
> Does this sounds familiar to you ?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kleag

[1] (in french)
http://www.candidats.fr/documents/reponses-candidatsfr-nicolas-sarkozy.pdf
--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer