[Kde-games-devel] Which games are moving... or not

Johann Ollivier Lapeyre johann.ollivierlapeyre at gmail.com
Wed May 2 22:29:59 CEST 2007

Yesterday, we did the kdegames review. We succeeded in having a common point
of view about which game should be keep and move, how hard it can be. Here
the result:

Improved KDE3 games keept for KDE4.0:
- knetwalk
- kgoldrunner
- kolf
- katomic
- konquest
- kpat
- kspaceduel
- lskat
- kbattleship
- ksquares
- kblackbox
- klines
- kreversi
- kbounce
- kmahjongg
- ksame
- kmines
- kshisen
- kwin4

New in kdegames:

- kiriki
succeded in kdereview, so, welcome in kdegame !
- ksudoku
move to kdereview for 15 days
- bovo
we have to contact the autor to see if he want to move on kdereview days

Status still unknown:

- ktuberling
Candidate to be removed, but this is a really needed game. We are looking to
see if it can be saved
- ksirtet (tetris clone)
keep libksirtet and ksirtet but we'll remove them if ksirtet will not
progress before the 1st june
- kbackgammon
a candidate for removal if the maintainer does not work on it before the
beta.

Not ready for KDE4.0 (must mature more to be in 4.1)
- kollision
- ksirk

Moved to playground:
This is too soon for the blackhole (all this game compile, are using cmake…)
and can be resurected:
- atlantik
- kfouleggs
- klickety
- kpoker
- kenolaba
- kasteroids
- ksnake
- ksokoban
- kjumpingcube
- ktron
We know this will generate some comments, some games are liked, even needed
for educational purpose, but the survey we did mandate us for one thing:
"quality over quality". We tried to do both of course… but the project was
in bad shape. With the new contributors, the nice energies and feelings
putted in this project, we saved already much games, and make them much
better (code, artwork, usability…). It is not possible to do more without
sacrifice quality or get (again) others contributors. We had to make
choices, we did.