[Kde-games-devel] Highscore classes

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Fri Mar 30 23:10:55 CEST 2007

While trying to implement highscores in KSquares and after a discussion on
#kdegames I have realised that the KExtHighscore implementation currently in
place is seemingly overengineered and is too much of an obstacle for simple
games. I believe that the classes are currently unmaintained and frankly
no-one knows how it all works.

I have decided to start work no a simple, lightweight highscore class set to
make everyone's life a nicer and better place :)

The current stuff should stay where it is for now (with my code to sit
alongside once it's ready) until it is not being used (or forever). What are
the rules about adding functionality from libkdegames during the KDE4
lifecycle? If I miss the 4.0 deadline will it have to wait until 4.1?

All of those out there who are currently using K(Ext)Highscore and even those
who aren't but want to implement a highscore table, I'd like to hear what
features you need/want.

Comments/suggestions/ideas/et cetera are welcome.

Regards, Matt
--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com