[Kde-games-devel] Next-Gen KSpaceDuel

Branan Riley branan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:33:14 CET 2007

Those of you at the IRC meeting last week might remember that I had a small
list of improvements I'm planning to make to KSpaceDuel for KDE 4. The big
ones are:

*Saving of configurations with custom names (currently there are a few
hard-coded defaults, and a single custom. To add a new config, the source
needs to be edited. Not fun.)
*Sound (via Phonon)
*Online multiplayer (via GGZ)
*More interesting "terrains" (binary systems, planets, etc. All with realistic
gravity effects, of course)

Now, I'm probably going to have to do about the same amount of API digging to
implement any one of those, and once schoolwork is factored in, I don't know
if I'll be able to get them all in time for KDE 4.0. (If not, I'll try to get
the rest done for KDE 4.1)

Sound will probably be easiest, as I can stick those calls right in where
graphics effects are generated. But I consider custom configurations to be
probably the most important.

Regardless of what I think, I've decided to ask what you all think. Which of
those is your favorite feature idea? And if you have another idea, post it
too. I can't think of everything, and I might have missed something really
cool.

Branan