[Kde-games-devel] QGraphicsScene performance

Fela Winkelmolen nimatar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 21:59:10 CEST 2007

Hi, thanks for all the feedback,

I've attached the simple test i did, just click to make a ball appear (scene.h
contains some constants to change the basic "settings"). At 13 balls it
starts to use 100% cpu on my one year old laptop (it was 10 last time because
I was using ssh for my kde4 account... realized it only when running top, and
yes half of the cpu is used by X)

Setting "export QT_FLUSH_PAINT=1" the result is what you expect it to be.
I would also think that painting everything manually (like int the cannongame
Qt tutorial, I hope you understand what I mean) you get the same performance,
or am I missing something? What about using KGameCanvas?
I mostly discarted openGL/SDL because I thought kdegames don't want those
dependencies, and I want to write this game as a starting point to contribute
to KDE, to learn the KDE technologies and to get to know the community, etc.

bye,
- Fela
--
Hello! I'm a signature virus. Copy me to your signature, ^^ pleeeeease!!!!!!