[Kde-games-devel] QGraphicsScene performance

Fela Winkelmolen nimatar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 18:35:57 CEST 2007

Hi,
I just did a small test with a QGraphicsScene with a few balls bouncing
around, I noticed that with about 10 balls it starts becoming slow on my
system (using 100% of my cpu), while on the Windows computer of my roommate
it seems to take more than twice that amount, but but his computer should
actuallll be sower than mine, so I was wondering what was causing the
difference, does the painting take advantage of graphic hardware
acceleration? Because that could explain it (damn ATI that doesn't provide
proper drivers...).
Another thing I noticed was that turning on antialiasing or not don't seem to
make any difference at all: what does that mean? Just that the antialiasing
code is very efficient? It the beginning I thought that it could mean that
the resources weren't used for the painting, but when the window is hidden it
uses 0% cpu, so I suppose it must be the painting, or am I missing something?
At the end I thing I will just use QGraphicsScene for KBreakout, after all I
don't think there is need to have more than two balls at a time very ofter
and a few bonus objects falling down. We have to be just a bit carefull to
not write _to_ crazy levels...
bye,
- Fela
--
Hello! I'm a signature virus. Copy me to your signature, ^^ pleeeeease!!!!!!