[Kde-games-devel] Kolf

mezz dbdkmezz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:19:27 CEST 2007

On Saturday 23 June 2007 14:55:51 Martin Heni wrote:
> Starting Kolf on my computer crashes X so seriously that a reboot is
> necessary. Did anybody experience similar problems? No other game does
> this.

No crash on my system, although it does come up with 7 error message boxes in
a row complaining that it is "Unable to find a multimedia backend", so it may
well be something to do with that.

Anyone got any ideas what might be happening, I don't really know my way
around any of the multimedia & Phonon stuff.

By the way all, I plan on giving Kolf some much needed work this weekend, it's
starting to feel quite a way behind many of the games. Most of the
programming work needed is just tidying around the edges, but I'm really
worried about performance. The levels with a few moving platforms feel really
sluggish and I've no idea why. I remember a while ago there were problems
with QGraphicsView's performance, are they gone now or is that likely to be
causing Kolf's slowdown issues? Any thoughts on what I can do about it? (If
you're wondering what I mean, load up a hole like Hard 13. While it is far
better than it was early this year, it is still quite a painful experience
when compared to Kolf on Qt 3.)

Paul Broadbent