[Kde-games-devel] KBreakout

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 21 05:47:37 CEST 2007

Fela Winkelmolen wrote:
> (if anybody has a more interesting name than
> the one in the subject let me know :-).

KNoid came to mind, but it doesn't roll off the tongue very well, and I
guess arKanoid is asking for trouble :-). "Karnoid"? Or even "Karnak"?

Then again, KBreakout follows the tradition of KPoker, KMahjongg,
KNibbles, KReversi, KTron, KAsteroids, and so on :-).

> 2. Theming.
> I can think of two ways to support theming:
> - there is a certain number of objects (including a background), for each of
> which there should be provided a svg in the theme, if a certain object isn't
> present there could be a fallback to the default theme for that object.
> - each level or levelset has it's own theme
> I personally like the first idea, although the second one makes the levels
> more different. There could be a combination of the two, like each level has
> it's own background, but that would cause an inconsistent look in some
> situations.

Different backgrounds for various levels is something I've seen done
before, but as you say consistency becomes a potential problem. One
solution would be to have each /theme/ provide several backgrounds that
can then be used in rotation.

--
Mathew
(sorry, .sig file is on the other computer)