[Kde-games-devel] KScoreDialog usability related question

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 18:32:10 CEST 2007

On Thursday 14 June 2007 20:01, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> perhaps do as amarok does and lay it on top of the other widgets on the
> window rather than adding it in as part of the layout?
Hmm... Amarok has it in status bar. That's what I tried to do to too - insert
the label which is used by Dolphin in statusbar.
KStatusBar keeps its layouting system private, so I can't directly control it.
And that's good i think ;-).

But perhaps you are talking about that yellow colored widget in amarok - that
appears from bottom and stays for some time or until it has mouse focus...

Well, actually I went the similar way and implemented QGraphicsItem wich
behaves alike (although it doesn't take mouse focus into accout yet).
It is commited to SVN, you can see it in use in KAtomic - just complete some
level and it'll popup.

Just an experiment. But frankly - I like it :-).

Dmitry