[Kde-games-devel] ksudoku and welcome screen

Johannes Bergmeier Johannes.Bergmeier at gmx.net
Thu Jun 14 03:10:56 CEST 2007

sorry for hijacking this thread with my previous mail

On Thursday 14 June 2007, Johannes Bergmeier wrote:
> 2) i change often the game i play, quite more often than for example in
kpat.
> sometimes i play 10 or more games and change back and forth between samurai,
> jigsaw and xsudoku. i don't know whether i'm the only person doing this. but
> if i'm not the list of different games should stay.

maybe this kwelcomescreen might even work for ksudoku. having 3-4 buttons for
the mostly used games (entering your own puzzle from e.g. a newspaper will be
treated as separate games) and one button for selecting a game which is not
on this list. that button would then open a popup. but this might result in a
popup of a popup (or even more popups, never tried the new kgetnewstuff) for
downloading new games or configuring a game :(

this also requires that i finish my implementation of the new svg-based view.
a kwelcomescreen on a plain background don't look good. and in front of the
current view implementation it will make it even more obvious how ugly it is.

but this has to wait for a week or two, as i started on reimplementing the
core engine (sorry francesco). the current engine has far too much special
cases which are reflected in the API and make trouble everywhere even in
implementing a new view.

cheers, Josel

Johannes.Bergmeier at gmx.net
Jabber: joselb at jabber.org