[Kde-games-devel] kbattleship and welcome screen

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jun 13 01:44:49 CEST 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 06:36 pm, Paolo Capriotti wrote:
> After a number of failed attempts and experiment, I'm starting to be a bit
> dubious about the whole 'welcome screen' thing [1] [2].

I found this thread fascinating and would like to contribute, but I tried
to start the latest kbattleship (as at 12 June) and got error message
"Unable to find a Multimedia Backend", twice, plus the logs below.

I had to do ctrl-C to kill the game.  Shouldn't it just carry on regardless
if there is no sound?  I build only kdegames, kdelibs & qt-copy at
present.  Do I need to build something more?

kio (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from /var/tmp/kdecache-kde4/ksycoca4
kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Found version 105, expecting version 106 or higher.
kio (KSycoca): WARNING: Outdated database found
kbattleship: ERROR: No ksycoca4 database available!
kio (KTrader): WARNING: KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType PhononBackend not
found
kdeui (KNotification): WARNING: error while contacting knotify server
kbattleship: ERROR: No ksycoca4 database available!
kio (KTrader): WARNING: KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType PhononBackend not
found

Cheers, Ian W.