[Kde-games-devel] kbattleship and welcome screen

Nicolas Roffet nicolas-kde at roffet.com
Tue Jun 12 14:17:47 CEST 2007

Hi Paolo,

On Tue, June 12, 2007 10:36, Paolo Capriotti wrote:
> After a number of failed attempts and experiment, I'm starting to be a bit
> dubious about the whole 'welcome screen' thing

I agree with you. These screens look really nice. However, I'm not a good
friend of them (I mean not convinced yet) because:
 - it looks like Flash games but not like traditional desktop application
so we have a consistency problem within KDE.
 - you're right with the "re-invent the wheel"-thing". There are many
issues with layouts (for instance with i18n if you have a long text in a
foreign language).

Maybe a nice dialog (with icons and nice widgets...) instead of the
welcome screen could also be OK?
But I must agree: The welcome screens do look nice!...

Just my humble opinion.

--
Nicolas