[Kde-games-devel] What new game would you like?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jun 10 11:26:32 CEST 2007

A Diumenge 10 Juny 2007, Robert Wadley va escriure:
> Fela Winkelmolen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It _really_ is time for me to start writing a game for kde :)  I have
> > three ideas, and I'm not sure which to choose. So I ask you opinion for
> > what you would like best. My ideas are:
> >
> > 1. breakout like game, think lbreakout2, I like this idea also because I
> > can start making a very simple game, and than expand it if I have
> > time/motivation
> > 2. memory
> > 3. pacman clone, or maybe not really a clone but something similar
> >
> > If you have some other (better?) ideas af simple but nice games, let me
> > know too.
> >
> > I know that there are some unmaintained games in playground, but I think
> > that, at least for a start, it's easier for me to write a game from
> > scratch.
> >
> > bye,
> >
> > - Fela
>
> I tried to reply to this but It keeps getting rejected from the mailing
> list as spam. I sent my idea to you directly since I don't know what
> wording is triggering the spam filter.
> In essence a game like Ktuberling but more flexible and easier to create
> images/games for. :-)

KTuberling themes are as easy to create as it can get.

You basically draw wathever you want on a SVG. And then give some (very few)
metadata in a .theme file.

See
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdegames/ktuberling/pics/themes.HOWTO?revision=670520&view=markup

That's the most flexible thing i can think of, but if you have more ideas do
not hesitate to say how.

Albert