[Kde-games-devel] What new game would you like?

Martin Heni kde at heni-online.de
Sun Jun 10 10:21:57 CEST 2007

> i'd also looove to see a networkable (ggz?) texas hold'em poker game like
> http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/PokerTH?content=50004 in kdegames.
> that would be huge.

KDE contains (contained) a network poker game. We disabled it for 4.0. But it
was agreed on the list that we make it fit for 4.1.
Currently it supports only one poker variant but it was agreed that it will
support others like Texas as well.

Current status is: Andi made the Qt4 conversions. I currently (slowly) do SVG
scalable graphics and finally Burkhard will improve the AI.

However, anybody would be welcome to implement other play modes into it! I
would not create another program for each mode but stick to the framework we
have.

With KDE 4.0 being priority I will have a first version with new graphics
ready only in late July/August or so.

PS: I would like a breakout clone :-)