[Kde-games-devel] Saving overheads when resizing SVG

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 7 08:10:13 CEST 2007

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 01:57 pm, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 04 June 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > yes, this is a bug somewhere in KWindowSystem and/or NET::*. everything
> > in kmainwindow, xmlguiwindow and katomic is fine (i did a bunch of
> > tracing through those code paths. such fun, really ;)
>
> update: the bug is in qt. we'll try and get it fixed.

Thanks, Aaron.  Did you see the test-case I sent you yesterday, to
aseigo at kde.org?  It shows that pure Qt has the double-resize problem,
using "qt-copy/examples/widgets/scribble", a main window that has only
a menubar and a QWidget as central widget.  The problem seems to
be where the menubar is created (height 6), triggering a resize, and
again where the menubar is resized (height 30), triggering another
resize.  My patch of "scribble" and the resulting log are attached.

Cheers, Ian W.

PS. I had a look at the QMainWindow code but it is way beyond my
immediate comprehension ... :-( ... so I cannot offer a fix.