[Kde-games-devel] KDE development

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Thu Jun 7 07:37:13 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 18:05:34 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> fortunately, this has gotten a lot better. there are still occassional
> changes happening, but not much. i know of two large-ish changes coming,
> and both are namespace changes. so both are trivial to fix, and one set of
> such changes probably affects extremely few apps at this point (Nepomuk::
> -> Braid::). such changes happen only mondays and the last few mondays have
> been dowright tame =)

Method additions are the poison here. They don't break library BIC, but they
still cause you to update your entire chain back to kdelibs when you just
want to fix a bug in Marble. Happened to me yesterday and caused a huge delay
until I was able to make tackat happy :)
But yeah in general there is no excuse to delay any porting efforts,
especially for apps which shall be ready for 4.0.

Josef