[Kde-games-devel] Talk about KGameCanvas

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Wed Jun 6 17:02:20 CEST 2007

> I'd welcome it. Mauricio, how many speakers do we already have for the games
> panel? Maybe it makes sense to make good use of the talk time for
> presentations and offload any discussion to a (short) BoF. There

(apparently my previous attempt to send this was flagged as containing
known spam, not sure why). Trying again:

Yes, that is the idea discussed during the last IRC meeting. We will
basically have 4 minute slots for quick presentations. Confirmed speakers
are:

Mauricio Piacentini (introduction, kmahjongg, kmines)
Matt Williams (ksquares, kscoredialog)
Paolo Capriotti (kbattleship)
Maurizio Mone (kgamecanvas) - (if Maurizio could not make it then Paolo
would talk briefly about it, but Maurizio has just confirmed his
participation)
Nicolas Roffet (kblackbox, ksirtet)
--after this we will have a 8 minute slot shared between Eugene and Johann
Eugene Trounev (game and bg art)
Johann Ollivier (game art, release manager duties)
Johann Ollivier will then close the talk with a brief summary of current
project status and an invitation for aKademy atendees to participate
actively on our module.

If we get this on time then 28 minutes of our brief 30 minute talk time
will be filled. So it is really more of an appetizer for people to see how
active the module has been in the past few months: my idea is to conduct
it in a gameshow-like pace, with a clock on the screen, so people will see
that we really have much more to show. So more technical discussions would
indeed most likely occur in a BoF.

I thought Aaron was thinking about a common kdegames-kdeedu-plasma BoF
session. This could be the ideal way to discuss some common issues,
including KNewStuff2, packaging, some remaining SVG and .desktop issues.
Should we schedule it? Also, we could also have a separate one just for
kdegames, but we could also simply do it informally during lunches and
the hacking week.

Regards,
Mauricio