[Kde-games-devel] QGraphicsScene performance

Fela Winkelmolen nimatar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 16:04:39 CEST 2007

> view.setViewportUpdateMode(QGraphicsView::FullViewportUpdate);

This seemed to make most of the difference, unfortunately it becomes a lot
slower when there are also a lot of not moving objects (like the bricks in
kbreakout), which are repainted unnecessarily, maybe this could be worked
around making it part of the background and caching the background or
something... but I'm not sure. Anyway, I'm trying to write the code in a way
it's easy to switch painting system (not that I did much lately, mostly due
to exams and laziness...).

On a bit unrelated note: borders of svg elements seems to be cut by
QSvgRenderer. For example in inkscape you draw a rectangle with a border of 4
pixels, but the renderer don't seem to consider the border when calculating
the bounding rect of an element so cut's away 2 pixels. Does anybody know
anything about it? Am I doing anything wrong or is there a workaround (other
than putting two rects one above the other in inkscape)?

bye,
- Fela
--
Hello! I'm a signature virus. Copy me to your signature, ^^ pleeeeease!!!!!!