[Kde-games-devel] QGraphicsScene performance

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 12:40:06 CEST 2007

2007/7/2, mauricio at tabuleiro.com <mauricio at tabuleiro.com>:
> I encourage you guys that have QGV-based games to have a look at these new
> flags, and see how they can improve the performance greatly. There are
> also other update mode enumeration types, and maybe you can examine which
> one is better for the particular needs of your game.
> aKademy is already paying off for us, guys :) Now let us all experiment
> with this new options to see how they work in each case.
Truly great news, Mauricio! :)

/me wants to try these options in klines,kreversi,katomic

While you and Andreas are there... If you have time could you look
into one small problem? Or perhaps just note it to Andreas. While
implementing KGamePopupItem I found something that looks like a bug -
for some reason QGraphicsText item doesn't emit linkActivated signals
although I call "setTextInteractionFlags(Qt::LinksAccessibleByMouse)".

Well, that of course should be reported using TaskTracker, but just in
case you'll have some minutes to look into it, i reported it here ;).
If you have plenty of other tasks to do at akademy, forget it ;).

Thanks for being there, guys!
Wishing you fun and joy! :-)
Dmitry.