[Kde-games-devel] Module policy for kdegames4

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jan 29 20:17:15 CET 2007

A Dijous 25 Gener 2007, Matt Williams va escriure:
> Hello all,

Hi, i was waiting to see if anyone answered, but noone did so i'll add my
thoughts.

> I was wondering about the current module policies for kdegames. Basically:
>
> * Is the module looking for new games to be added for KDE4 or is it more a
> case that we're culling games (or maybe a combination of the two)?

New cool games are always welcome :-)

> * What sort of games should be included in the module? I remember a while
> ago there was a discussion on this list about focussing more on simple,
> short games (KNetwalk, KSirtet etc,) rather than games which require an
> hour or so to play (e.g. RTSs etc.).

Well, the fact is that BIG games would make the module explode in size, and
also it'd be probably difficult for them to mantain KDE release schedule, so
in my opinion kdegames is much more a "simple, short games" and if we have
luck convincing people to write BIG games for KDE i'd suggest them beign in
extragear.

> * What feature set all games must have, i.e. must a game have network
> support, AI etc?

All the ones that make sense for that particular one ;-)

Albert