[Kde-games-devel] KSame and Klickety [was Re: Hello]

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 21:08:12 CET 2007

On Sunday 28 January 2007 21:41, Tomasz Boczkowski wrote:
> Klickety, kfouleggs and ksirtet seem to break all the rules of good
> program design. Libksirtet, that is used by the games is unnecessarily
> complex, undocumented and duplicates a lot of code from libkdegames. In
> my opinion the applications should be rewritten from scratch.
Agreed here :).

> Porting kfouleggs and ksirtet to SVG, that is my duty, is impossible
> concidering the state of code. I can try to rewrite them but I was
> looking for somewhat easier job.
Well, you can put that on your "queue" if you tend to familarise yourself with
kde-development at the beginning. You can look for simpler game to take over.
For example, ksokoban or kbounce can have some attention - they were roughly
ported to Qt4, but no further code cleanup/review was done.
Espesially ksokoban from my POV has not very clean code...

Or you can take a big opportunity and begin to work with libksirtet & friends.
That'll be more extreme way of learning ;).

Finally, just take a look at what we have in kdegames, you may find something
you want to do, while simply looking here and there... :-)

You decide :).

PS. Sorry for messy English ;).