[Kde-games-devel] QGV repaint and update performance

Martin Heni martin at heni-online.de
Tue Feb 20 08:05:33 CET 2007

I looked into this and found a similar behaviour for kwin4:

1. scenario with updates enabled:
   Xorg eats 50% processor, kwin4 hardly anything
   Qt repaints the whole game canvas

2. scenario without update
  Xorg eats not much processor but kwin goes to 70-80%
  Qt properly repaints only the changed/moved sprites

I assume the jumpy behaviour comes when kwin4 reaches occasionally 100%
processor load.
However, why this is is totally unclear to me. This must be some QGV problems.
Maybe just hope for a new Qt release. Does anybody know whether Trolltech is
aware of these issues?