[Kde-games-devel] The status of Kolf

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Mon Dec 31 14:01:28 CET 2007

Paul Broadbent wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Over the last couple of months I've not been able to find as much time
> as I'd hoped to pollish Kolf, and I'm worried it won't be good enough
> in time for the 4.0 release. I intend to fix some of the more serious
> issuses over the next week, but I'm worried that I won't get chance to
> fix enough.
>
> What does everyone else think? Does kolf look as far away from being
> ready as I think it does? How high is the bar for being part of
> kdegames in 4.0?

To be honest, I am worried about kolf. It has some graphical artifacts
in the start page on my system (Linux), and there are some other
elements that could benefit from more polish, like:

1) Layout of window when resizing.
2) Unused plugin menu items in the interface

But, we are way past the time for fixing serious issues for 4.0. Tagging
is in 3 days. I am not even sure we can remove it as well.

So... I think the call is yours, basically. Consider we are starting a
new series (4.x) of the project with a game that has to be supported for
the entire duration of it (5+ years).

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini