[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner problem in Windows

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 18:23:05 CET 2007

Il Sunday 23 December 2007 16:10:30 Christian Ehrlicher ha scritto:
> Ian Wadham schrieb:
> >
> > OK, I am switching this discussion to kde-windows.  I am the author of
> > KGoldrunner and would like to find out more about this problem and help
> > address it and any other problems that come up, although I do not have
> > a KDE Windows setup.  BTW KGr for KDE 4.0 is on bugzilla and my email
> > address is also in the code.
> >
> > The problem with KGoldrunner was experienced by someone called Patrick
> > on the KDE 4 Windows team and was reported only indirectly to
> > kde-games-devel by Mauricio Piacentini.  Quoting Mauricio: "What happens
> > is that the game runs, but runners are not visible.  The background
> > renders."
> >
> > On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:28 pm, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> >> And regarding your kgoldrunner problem - looks like someone forgot to
> >> read the QPainter docu. I really wonder why it worked on linux ... :)
> >
> > So what does this mean, Christian?  And what are you implying? ... :-)
>
> Just take a look on my last checkin to fix the problem. And see what
> QPainter::begin() and :end() is for :)

Well, it would be more helpful if you actually could explain the problem and
how you fixed it, and what are the issues to keep in mind with the Windows
port.

I don't know why this patch fixes the problem for you; however, the docs say
it is not necessary to call painter.end() since the painter destructor does
that automatically.

So the end() in the background() method should not be needed. Is it really
needed to see the results?

If it is so, this would mean that Qt on windows queues the commands and
performs them only on end(). But this is not clearly needed by reading the
documentation.

Luciano