[Kde-games-devel] compiling kblocks

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon Dec 17 22:05:59 CET 2007

(just realized I replied earlier just to Dapeng Zhang)...
MDapeng Zhang wrote:
 > Hi Mauricio,
 > May I add a button or submenu "demo" in kblock.cpp&.h? Is there a
"KStandardGameAction" or something I should use? How can I access the
game status in the code?

Yes, for your purposes you can add a demo submenu and hack away. Have a
look at other games that implement demo (like KMahjongg) for example.
There is a demo KStandardGameAction, see docs at

http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/apidox-kde-4.0/kdegames-apidocs/libkdegames/html/namespaceKStandardGameAction.html

As for accessing game status, you are on your own for now as far as this
goes, for now :) As I mentioned before, the game is not finished, so
documenting and even cleaning up of data structures is something that is
not ready. There are game structures that store the current map of
blocks, of course. But I might change all of them in the next two
months, as my plan is to finish it until February.
Another developer (Milian Wolff) also contacted me about patches to
KBlocks, which is great. However, at this time I plan to finish it first
following my initial plan (aKademy 2007), which is something I
interrupted in August, due to the application freeze pre-4.1, to
concentrate on other stuff that could go in 4.0. I would prefer to
finish at least the basics before starting to integrate patches that
deal with some of the internal stuff (SVG-layout definition, internal
game structures, etc) But if you do not mind having your patches twisted
:) then send them in.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini