[Kde-games-devel] compiling kblocks

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Dec 17 21:28:00 CET 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:57 am, Dapeng Zhang wrote:
> Now I can complie and run "kblocks" in KDE4 by the following commands.
>
> make
> make install
> kblocks
>
> Do you know if there is a faster way in which make install can be skipped?

If it is like other KDE Games, you need to do "make install" only at the
start of some development work or whenever you change graphics files,
*ui.rc,  data files, etc.  Otherwise you can just do:

    make
    ./kblocks

to compile, build and run the code you just edited.  You can also have:

    alias r='fc -s'

in your $HOME/.bashrc file, to alias the "repeat" command of the
"bash" shell.  Then you can do:

    r   m
    r   .

to repeat the above commands over and over when testing.

Sounds like an interesting project, Dapeng.
All the best, Ian W.

P.S.  If you do as I suggest, a "kblocks" command will get you an OLD
version of the program and you might be wondering why bugs you
just fixed are re-appearing.  It's the oldest trap in the Unix/Linux book.
So be careful of that one ... ;-)