[Kde-games-devel] KGoldrunner and KJumpingCube: what is happening?

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Dec 17 00:46:12 CET 2007

Hi Johann and team,

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 06:19 am, Allen Winter wrote:
Re renaming KWin4 ...
> Would you please update the kdegames table on [1]
> to reflect this change.
>
> [1] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Module_Status

Looking at this table I see no mention of KGoldrunner.  Also it says
that KJumpingCube has been removed from KDE Games, at the
request of the "KDE Games Team".

If this means that both KGoldrunner and KJumpingCube will be
dropped from the KDE 4.0 release, I shall be extremely disappointed
and upset.  It will all have happened without my knowledge or
consent, and without me being consulted.

I am the current author of KGoldrunner and the current maintainer
of both KGoldrunner and KJumpingCube.

My impression is that the KDE Games team should be working from:
     http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Status_KDE_4.0
re what is ready for KDE 4 ... and now there is this new table:
     http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.0_Module_Status
which I have found out about quite by accident, via the discussion
about renaming KWin4 to KFourInLine.

As far as I am concerned, both KGoldrunner and KJumpingCube
are ready for release in KDE 4.0 and have been for quite some time.

KGoldrunner now has SVG screen shots in the doco, although
I forgot to update the status-table cell to "Green".  The other "Yellows"
against KGoldrunner and KJumpingCube are all things I intend to
address in KDE 4.1 and I have been assured, in writing on this list,
that they are not "showstoppers" re KDE 4.0.  There are no "Reds"
against either program.

So what is going on?

Regards, Ian W.