[Kde-games-devel] Please Read (Website Related)

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Dec 15 00:41:44 CET 2007

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:53 am, Eugene Trounev wrote:
> Please send us a list (each of you separately) of the games you've
> contributed to. Yup, it's that easy ;)

I think Andy Beckermann is being inappropriately shy and retiring.
And we have not heard from Martin Heni either.

These two guys could well be called the Founding Fathers of KDE
Games.  They have certainly been around in it for at least 5 years.

IIRC they set up much of the original library and documentation,
wrote and maintained the original web page, presided over this
list for several years, contributed several games and then wrote
a book called "Open Source Game Development", Charles River
Media Inc., 2006, based on KDE and Qt.

Unfortunately several of the book's chapters have been outdated
by KDE 4 and Qt 4, but there are still lots of excellent chapters on
topics of interest in games generally, such as AI, Path Finding.
OpenGL (2D and 3D), maths and physics, etc., with extensive
worked examples.

So please give Martin and Andy a big plug, Eugene.

Another guy we do not see around much in KDE Games is the
famous Stephan Kulow (coolo), one of the all-time greats of KDE
and author of KPat.

Finally, Aaron Seigo, who is now a prominent core developer in
KDE 4 and president of KDE eV, cut his teeth in KDE Games a
few years back.

All the best, Ian W.