[Kde-games-devel] Konquest (was IRC meeting log)

Eugene Trounev eugene.trounev at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 16:59:32 CEST 2007

On Saturday 18 August 2007 09:50, Pinaraf wrote:
> On 8/18/07, Johann Ollivier Lapeyre <johann.ollivierlapeyre at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > Thanks Johannes, verrrry interesting ... :-)  I'm sorry I could not
> > > be there.
> >
> > Sorry also to coudn't be there too. Crazy time for me...
> >
> > There was a talk about konquest's  color. In fact, the konquest's grid is
> > supposed have a 2d background, a light grey one, and planet and black
> > text shoud be easy to read on. You can see that in the theme's SVG of
> > konquest, the 2d background is there, and also a basic mockup.
> >
> > If i remember, Pinaraf started to code it, but stopped/forgot?
>
> I just never saw the grey one... I commited a fix to use it instead
ofForgotten cable
> the fully colored one.
> I can't say if the contrast is better since my qt-copy is totally
> broken for SVG rendering.

Pinaraf, what have you done!!! :D The background was not supposed to be
changed to the other one ;) It should stay in place BUT the image you have
now set as background has to be added on top of it, right under the actual
playfield to create contrast. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Once again:
1 - render background (the old colorful one);
2 - render the 'new gray' background on top of the other one, BUT only where
the actual playfield is;
3 - render the playfield on top of the gray background, that is on top of
the 'old' background :D :D :D :D;

Sorry for missunderstanding