[Kde-games-devel] IRC meeting log

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Aug 14 09:55:19 CEST 2007

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:29 pm, Johannes Bergmeier wrote:
> here's the log for yesterdays meeting attached to this message
Thanks Johannes, verrrry interesting ... :-)  I'm sorry I could not
be there.

Re graphics, generally I would be agreeing with Inge, not that I
am color-blind at all (though my wife reckons I am  ;-)).  Basically
I think we need to revisit the contrast, in either color or brightness,
between the backgrounds and the foreground objects (pieces,
ships, runners or whatever) with which we play.

The game that is brilliant imo is KMahjongg, with the Chinese
painting and the default pieces.  Showing great promise, but
needing some work (Eugene?) is KGoldrunner's Geek City
theme.  There is a problem that various foreground objects
become hard to see when they come in front of certain
background objects.  Dropping an alpha veil in front of the
background (I own up to this) just dulls down the whole picture,
but it does make the theme reasonably playable as it is now.
I would really like to see Geek City improved in KDE 4.0.

Re the names on the planets, could we use a font that is
white with a black outline, or vice-versa, as in TV sub-titles?

Re KGameCanvas and QGV, no way do I want to go back to
QGV in KGoldrunner.  I would rather either build KGameCanvas
into KGr (if you drop it from the games lib) or go back to using
QPainter direct, as was done in the KDE 1 and Qt 1 version.

Well, that's my 2c ... :-)

All the best, Ian W.

P.S. Oh, and can somebody get that window in KAtomic off the
wizard's head?  Bottom right might be good ...