[Kde-games-devel] kgoldrunner ported to KScoreDialog

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 11:46:54 CEST 2007

Ok, the conversion to KScoreDialog was really trivial.

However there are some issues that need to be discussed, I think.

What's good is that:

- A chunk of code can be dropped from kgoldrunner
- The KScoreDialog looks slightly better than the original dialog
- The high score for all the games can be examined when opening the
  dialog from the file menu.

What still need some work is:

- The KScoreDialog has an "OK" and a "Cancel" button.
  One (or both) could be removed.
- I used the game set prefix for the configuration group. The tab name uses
  the same three letter group to identify the score group. Not very user
  friendly. It should show a localized string, instead.
- The original dialog had a big writing "KGoldrunner Hall of Fame",
  followed by the level set name written with smaller letters. It would
  be nice to be able to preserve this.
- The dialog is still a bit plain for the use with games. Maybe the game icon
  could be included along with a customizable label at the top of the dialog
  to improve the look a little bit. At least, until we rewrite the high score
  system.

I'll commit the changes soon; for now, I'm not going to remove the old code
from the game; it can still be used by undefining the USE_KSCOREDIALOG macro
in kgrgame.cpp

Ciao,
Luciano