[Kde-games-devel] Decision(s) on Kjumpingcube needed

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Wed Aug 1 00:13:14 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 31 July 2007 19:41:50 Eugene Trounev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Kjumpingcube is currently using it's settings dialog to set the color of
> the ingame graphics. I have contacted Ian (maintainer) thinking that colors
> were was *hardcoded* in. He got back to me shortly and explained the
> situation: "This way of setting the color is a legacy of KDE3..", and he
> (Ian) thought it to be a neat feature, so he left it in.
>
> Do you people think that it should remain, or substitute for a theme driven
> color settings (i.e. the color of peaces is set by the SVG file graphics)?

Personally I think that a theme driven colour scheme is best. People really
don't need to change the colours of individual pieces. Also, the theme
selector dialog is what people should be expecting from most KDE4 games.

> The second question:
> Excerpt form the email Ian wrote me on July 26th>>
> ..It has also been suggested that themes, if we have them in this game,
> could have Arabic numerals or other symbols rather than pips.  What
> are your views on the above alternatives,..
> <<.
>
> In my opinion it is a great idea. What's your opinion here?

I think it's a good idea too. Maybe even a number of localised themes such as
one using Japanese numbers.

--
Matt Williams
http://milliams.com