[Kde-games-devel] Joining the team

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Apr 13 00:57:18 CEST 2007

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 07:51 am, Fabiano Sant'Ana wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> I saw Mauricio Piacentini presentation today in FISL in got interested in
> helping you. I really like Klickety and he said that it still have some
> problems with kde 4, so I think that this is a good way to start...
>
> Besides kde4-libs and kde4-games, what more I need to start work?

See http://techbase.kde.org/Main_Page for this and other info.  You will
need qt-copy and patches (currently about v4.3), cmake, dBus and strigi.
Follow the procedures in the link at the top of the KDE Techbase main page.
Allow about 6Gb disk space or more for all this.

It's best to check out or update KDE libs early in the week, to avoid getting
broken or half-finished stuff, though it should be fairly stable from now on.

Nicolas Roffet <nicolas-kde at roffet.com> started work on KSirtet, a
game that shares a library with Klickety, I think.  You should exchange
ideas with him and find out where he is up to.  See the thread
"[Kde-games-devel] KSirtet & libksirtet updates for KDE4.0" on this list,
starting 27/3/07.  http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&r=1&w=2

Apart from that ... get going!  You have until 1 June to make a difference
and you will be welcomed as a hero if you do, especially by Mark Taff's
fiancee.  If you need any SVG graphics to be produced, put Klickety on
the to-do list for artwork or get guidance from Mauricio.

Welcome aboard, Ian W. (Melbourne, Australia - KGoldrunner author).

P.S. I like Klickety too, but it is VERY addictive ... ;-)