[Kde-games-devel] kde bof notes

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 20:36:57 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 22:19, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDEgames+Akademy+2006+BOF+Notes
Many thanks for the notes, Albert!

> Richard Moore shows us some nice examples on kjsembed. He is going to port
> kpat to use kjsembed so there's an example on how powerful kjsembed is.
>
>  kjsembed has the benefit of beign already in kdelibs.
I was just thinking about this one.
Isn't it simpler to use existing kde scripting technology rather than external
scripting language?

What are benefits of lua?
What are benefits of kjsembed?

Has anyone done lua vs kjsembed comparison?

I have only light knowledge of what lua is (began to read its manual some time
ago) and even lighter knowledge of kjsembed... :)
I see kate is migrating away from lua in favour of kjsembed. Perhaps talk to
kate developers about all this?

Dmitry.