[Kde-games-devel] kreversi_rewrite is almost finished... Please review.

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 22:51:42 CEST 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 00:14, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Well, just tell the exciting new features that rewrite will give us then
> ;-)
He-he :).
The most exciting feature is hidden from user :).
And it is: kreversi is using QGraphicsView framework.
What user will actually see is the addition of the "Demo" mode, i.e. he/she
can see the computer vs computer battles now :).
Also I plan to implement player vs player game (I found a corresponding wish).
And it has no configuration dialog - I moved most options to KSelectActions in
Settings menu. Do you know is it ok from usability point of view?

Other than that it looks like good-old kreversi :).

Another thing is that I tried to abstract game process from it's graphical
representation as much as possible. This fact can be used in future to write
some more graphical "engines". OpenGL for example. Or QPainter-based if that
makes sence.

That said I haven't tried to see how abstract it actually is now (although it
_seems_ quite abstract to me). I think the best way to figure this out is to
write simple QPainter based engine to find possible cornerstones :).

Cheers,
Dmitry.