[Kde-games-devel] Where/how is $(LIB_KDEGAMES) defined?

Ian Wadham ianw at netspace.net.au
Sun Jul 16 04:37:05 CEST 2006

Tarballs of my game do not define $(LIB_KDEGAMES).
Consequently, the game program will not build unless the
receiver has somehow defined that symbol elsewhere in his/her
system.  I have "export LIB_KDEGAMES='-lkdegames'" in my
.bashrc file.  I did that 3 years ago in order to survive and keep
working, but am sure it is not right.  What is the proper approach?

This came up when I sent a tarball of KGoldrunner to a friend,
with some bug fixes for him to test.  He programs in Java and
uses Debian distrib, so had to set up all of C++, Automake
and friends, KDE development, etc. from scratch.  The above
was the final problem.  It had us flummoxed for 2 weeks!

I'll be interested in the answer.  I thought LIB_KDEGAMES
was fully incorporated into KDE (3.4) now, but it seems not.

All the best, Ian W.