[Kde-games-devel] a new chess interface for KDE

Paolo Capriotti p.capriotti at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 05:34:34 CET 2006

I'm working on a fully featured chess interface based on QT and KDE
libraries. It will support many chess and shogi variants, and
(hopefully) be fully customizable and scriptable.
The code is GPL, and available at
svn://linuz.sns.it/home/subversion/chessboard/trunk/kboard. Right now,
only a small part of want I intend to do is implemented, but the
application is already quite usable to play and examine chess games
(no variants yet, sorry) on an internet chess server like FICS.
I would like to call it 'kboard', but this is already the name of a
forum software. Uhm.. any suggestions?
You can find some screenshots here: linuz.sns.it/~paolo/kboard.
I'd like to hear opinions of kde developers about this project (most
wanted features, general ui design suggestions, etc...). I also would
like to find someone who is willing to help, either with the code,
with suggestions on how to handle the FICS protocol or with theme
design.

---
Paolo Capriotti