[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg (almost) using SVG theme

mauricio at tabuleiro.com mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Fri Aug 25 01:40:00 CEST 2006

> It looks gorgeous!!!

Glad you liked it! I updated it slightly today, got some feedback from my
wife regarding the shadows, as the previous one was a bit thin and too
strong.

> Nitpicking (Albert)

Sorry for that. I have several friends named Alberto here in Brazil, it is
the most common form of the name in Portuguese...

> Well, as i said it looks wonderful, and now, would you like to become
> current
> mantainer and bug owner?
> I'm the current one because noone else was and i'm only doing very low
> level
> mainteinership (that is fixing a few easy bugs) so you seem like a good
> candidate for a new kmahjongg maintainer to me.

I would be glad to. I know you are quite involved in other parts of kde,
and I think it could be a good way for me to get more familiar with
bugzilla and the general issues related to maintaining code in the KDE
tree.

> I would say the HUGE gain we get from having SVG tilesets is good enough
> for
> the lose we get, but if you want i (or you) can blog about it and see what
> people says, also contact Richard Lohman (mail on the web page) maintainer
> of
> http://games.kde.org/kmahjongg/index.html that will be happy to get news
> from
> you :-)

Good idea. I will contact Richard and ask for his help on this. There are
some tilesets available in the KMahjongg page, maybe we can even already
adapt them to SVG format (without too much work, simply embedding the
bitmaps) so users will not lose anything.

>as to ship only a default (new) tileset with the new revision, and
>> at the same time implement the KNewStuff framework. I do not know much
>> about it yet, but it apparently supports localization of resources (or
>> should!)
>
> Yes, it supports localization but was not very good AFAIK, maybe Josef has
> fixed it, you can contact him at spillner AT kde DOT org  (Josef is
> knewstuff
> creator and mantainer) (or was :-D)

OK, I did not know that. Well, since Josef is involved in the BoF meeting
at Akademy this is just perfect. I will bug him about this in Dublin :)

I see that you are going as well, looking forward for the opportunity to
meet you guys there.

Regards,
Mauricio