[Kde-games-devel] State of games

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 01:24:18 CEST 2006

On Thursday 10 August 2006 02:13, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Just kidding. I believe your effort on porting to KDE4 is a good start
> for this. Maybe we can start commenting on the list you posted in the
> need some time to process it.
I think that's a good start.
It would be good if every developer subscribed to this list could give a short
feedback on each game on that list. Even nicer would be to get this feedback
from users also :).

I can right away give a little comment on ksokoban :).
Conserning gameplay all seems "almost" ok, but its code...
It's full of low-level C-style stuff like char*, some weird hashes, C-arrays
etc-etc.
I liked the coolo's joke "Ksokoban is as old as QPopupMenu" :).
Btw, coolo said that maybe we should consider removing ksokoban and readding
it as long as someone decides to hack on it to bring it's codebase into
shape.
That maybe an option, but, well, it's playable and hasn't very much bugs (at
least on a first glance), so I think that maybe removing isn't strictly
necessary if someone (maybe that'll be me) can work on porting/improving it.
Btw, recently I tried to replace some old-fashioned C-arrays in one of the its
classes with Qt's QByteArray and I ended up with modifying a rather large
piece of code which appeared to be tightly coupled :).

Regards,
Dmitry

*bed-bed-bed!* :)