[Kde-games-devel] KReversi rewrite

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 22:14:43 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 23:31, Andreas Beckermann wrote:
> However fortunately most games are in a working and productive state
> (except for maybe a KDE4 port) and thus can live without much efforts, too.
Well, as I spent some time trying to port kdegames to KDE4 I think I can
comment on this. Here's a little overview (out of my memory). Well,
substitute "ported" with "basic porting done (no qt3support), not much
tested" :).

- atlantik: Looked at it a little, perhaps this one needs _most_ work on
porting
- kasteroids: ported, playable
- katomic: ported, playable
- kbackgammon: close to "ported" no idea if it is playable (didn't try to run
it)
- kbattleship: ported, playable
- kblackbox: ported, playable
- kbounce: ported, playable
- kenolaba: iirc, ported, but not playable because of "painting outside the
paintEvent". iirc, it wasn't easy to restrict paining to paintEvent, when I
last tried.
- kfouleggs: ported, but not playable - something is brokein in libksirtet it
seeem
- kgoldrunner: awaiting for Mauricio's patch whith port to QGV
- kjumpingcube: ported, playable
- klickety: ported, playable, but has some issue (ask me about it if you're
interested ;)
- klines: ported, playable
- kmahjongg: ported, playable
- kmines: ported, playable
- knetwalk: ported, playable
- kolf: i gave up while trying to port it :). It's better if this will be done
by its author
- konquest: don't remember. at least it compiles
- kpat: ported, but has bugs
- kpoker: read previous mail by Andreas :)
- kreversy: read previous mail by me
- ksame: ported, playable, but slow
- kshisen: not sure if fully ported, but playable
- ksirtet: same as kfouleggs
- ksnake: ported, playable
- ksokoban: the code needs cleanup! iirc, ported, and playable
- kspaceduel: not (fully) ported, not playable (some accel issues)
- ktron: ported, playable
- ktuberling: ported, playable, has some bugs
- kwin4: not ported, playable
- libkdegames, not fully ported (k3*view classes), network io code crashes
- libksirtet: ported, has bugs
- lskat: no idea, but compiles

Whew :). Not that I'm not sure in all this statuses being 100% correct. But
you can count on 80-90% perhaps :).

I add that all games may have issues in UI, icons and some others.

Also I try to manage kdegames' status on corresponding page dedicated to KDE
quality checks:
http://developer.kde.org/quality-check/results.php?mode=table

> About kpoker, which I am kinda responsible for: I'll take care on this one
> myself once I find some time. I hope at least. Have lots of nearly
> completed code on my disk already
Great news! :)

Regards,
Dmitry.