[Kde-games-devel] Question about CMakeLists.txt design

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 01:12:19 CEST 2006

Thanks, Andreas!

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 18:52, Andreas Beckermann wrote:
> in libkdegames/carddecks/<subdirectrory>/CMakeLists.txt:
> file(RELATIVE_PATH current_dir ${base_dir} ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}
> set(install_dir <install_prefix>/${current_dir}
> install_files(${install_dir} .*\\.png)
But isn't it simpler to do something like:

install_files( ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/kasteroids/sprites/powerups FILES
png_name1.png
png_name2.png
png_name3.png
png_name4.png
....)

And that's all.
And it works :).
I've already done this in kasteroids/sprites/ subdirectories for example.
Of course, if I had 200+ pngs that wouldn't be so pretty :).
And your way is more general.

> include_directories() adds directories to the list of paths where headers
> are searched. I.e. it adds a "-I<include_directory>" to the compiler lines.
> You don't need this at all, if you don't compile anything in that
> CMakeLists.txt file.
OK, so I guess that stuff comes from some auto-convertion-tool :).
I'll remove it, thanks.

With best wishes,
Dmitry.