[Kde-games-devel] Some work on Kreversi

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Wed Mar 30 20:37:54 CEST 2005

Hi everybody,

I have started doing a little work on KReversi again.  I am moving away from
the minimalistic feel that KReversi has always had. So far I have enhanced
the view with the following two items:
 - Letters and numbers around the squares of the board
 - A move list so the user can see which moves were made during the game.

Take a look and see what you think about it!

This is only the first steps in a plan to add more things to the game.  You
can see the wishlist in bugzilla for some details of what I plan in the short
term. In the long term, there will be a stronger AI, and ways for the player
to load and store games, analyze positions and so on. Network game is also on
the list.

I intend to make a configuration setting for the user so that she can either
use the minimal GUI or the full GUI.  My question now is: which should be the
default?  When the user upgrades to KDE 3.5 and starts KReversi for the first
time, should the full power of the new GUI greet him, or should he have to
enable it first?

 -Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |