[Kde-games-devel] status of kdegames/libkdegames/highscore

Albert Astals Cid tsdgeos at yahoo.es
Tue Jun 14 20:06:41 CEST 2005

I've had a look at the patches, have not applied any, but i assume that if you
are sending them here you have tested them at least a bit.

All patches seem good except:
 - Using kapp->random() is "strange", one expects static functions to ke
KApplication::random(), that is just a comment, the patch can go in without
having this changed.

 - About the lower() removal Nicolas Hadacek has answered this in a mail i
sent him to ask about why they were there:

"
I think it is
so that two nicknames should differ more than being upper/lower
case... it is especially true for the online highscores I think. The
easy change would be to store locally the given nickname but to send
over the netword or to compare only the lower case nicknamed... I'll
try to find time to check that.
"

So yeah, it is a problem that when you type "Foo Bar" you get "foo bar" in the
hs dialog, but i am with Nicolas that in online games there should be a case
unsensitive comparision of nicknames.

Albert

A Dimarts 14 Juny 2005 17:48, Heinrich Wendel va escriure: