[Kde-games-devel] Oware

Albert Astals Cid tsdgeos at yahoo.es
Wed Jul 13 17:16:40 CEST 2005

I've downloaded it, here are some comments
 1 - Starting ./kde-oware-1.0.10 and clicking redo does something, it should
not as obviously i've not undone anything.
 2 - Help should use standard kde help
 3 - There are lots of texts without i18n for example
    QLabel* aml = new QLabel(QString(" SET WIZARD INTELLECT "),this);
 4 - Using qmake is not the standard kde build system, you need to use
automake as everyone else does
 5 - The game is not installable, this has to be fixed as everything in kde
has to be installable, when you make the game installable things like
"imgs/owareicon16x16.png" are not going to work so you have to use locate()
for that
 6 - The "employment thing" is not going to be accepted
 7 - There is some text cut on "Your Score" in my computer, image attached.
 8 - I don't see why you have to change user's default font to "arial" for
drawing some texts
 9 - Using images with "HELP", etc embedded is not going to be accepted, as
that is not translatable.
 10 - There are memory leaks on the code, or at least that is what valgrind
tells me.
 11 - If i remember correctly, all files inside KDE must have the license in
the header of the file, so you should add it to all .cpp .c .h

Though you have some problems to be fixed the game can be imported into kde
SVN. Not directly in kdegames but in playground/games so you can make it
evolve there and when it's mature enough, that is, all the problems i comment
above + some more things we can find, it can be moved to kdegames.

Also, you have to understand that moving a program into KDE is very different
from developing alone, for examples, texts like SET WIZARD INTELLECT will be
lowercased because the Human Interface Guidelines do not allow all uppercase
texts, etc.

Also if you want to be inside KDE i'd suggest to completely drop the Qt only
support, as it will fill your code with #if #else #endif things

I can help you with "ugly" things like automake, using standard kde help, etc.
if you feel lost.

The first thing you need to do if you are sure you want oware to be moved
inside playground/games is ask for a SVN account
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/misc/applysvnaccount.php
and then import the sources, if you feel you prefer someone else does the
importing i can handle it for you.

Albert

A Dimecres 13 Juliol 2005 14:49, michaelcollins at ivorycity.com va escriure: